Have a car you no longer need? If you have a vehicle you no longer need, show your support by donating it to a 501(c)(3) Tax-Exempt Charitable Organization. When you donate a car, used vehicle, pickup truck, R.V., motorboat, motorcycle, or jeep to Salute Veterans, you’re providing a helping hand to veterans and helping to provide access to resources and services for their transition from military service to civilian employment.
Donating a car to Salute Veterans is easy. Our fast and free nationwide pickup service will pick up your vehicle, sometimes within 24 hours or even the same day. Generally, car donations are sold at auction and the funds are used to assist veterans with essential services and resources. So, if you’re looking for a way to support veterans while also saving money on your taxes, look no further than our nationwide fast and free pickup service. Click Here to Donate a Car in Long Island, New York!
Donate a Car in Long Island, New York
Call Toll Free
Want to donate a car in Long Island, New York? We gladly accept Cars, Autos, Pickup Trucks, R.Vs., Sail Boats, Motorbikes, or All Terrain Vehicles, Commercial & Fleet Vehicles, Trailers, Tractors, Farm Equipment, Jet skies, Snowmobiles and more.
Nationwide Fast and FREE pickup
Donating a Car is really that easy : Cost-free, No paperwork, No hassle. Most of the time, within 30 to 45 days from the transfer of your car, we will send you a 1098-C form for the tax deductions you earned. If we sell your car for less than $500, your receipt is for the fair market value up to $500. If your car sells for more than $500, your receipt will be for the actual sales price.
Why donate a vehicle to charity?
Our nonprofit organization has one primary objective: helping those who have helped us through their service in the armed forces. That is why we work to raise funds to support our nations veterans! Trusting us with your vehicle is an honor, so we guarantee that your property always helps those it was designed to support. You can also Donate a Boat, Donate a Motorcycle, Donate a Truck, Donate a RV Camper, Heavy Machinery, Commercial & Fleet Vehicles, Farm Equipment, Snow Mobiles and Jet Skies, we also accept Land Donations and Real Estate Donations.
Donate a Car, Running or Not
Even if you have a car,or truck, motorbike with the engine blown, a busted transmission or some other issue causing it to not run, you can still donate the automobile to charity and get a sizable tax deduction. In practically any condition, we can come get your car, running or not. It gets better: your vehicle donation can be picked up in the Long Island, New York area within 24 hours, and sometimes even the same day.
Frequently Asked Questions
- IRS Publication 4303: A Donor's Guide to Car Donations
- IRS Publication 526: Charitable Contributions
- IRS Publication 561: Determining the Value of Donated Property
- IRS Form 8283: Non Cash Charitable Contributions (Instructions)
- IRS Form 8283: Non Cash Charitable Contributions
- IRS Publication 4302: A Charity's Guide to Car Donations
- IRS Form 8283 and 1098-C
- Publication 4303, A Donor's Guide to Car Donations
- Publication 1220, 526, and 561
Support Veterans with Your Tax-Deductible Vehicle Donation
No matter if you donate to us, Salute Veterans Inc, a 501(c)(3) Tax-Exempt Veteran Non Profit Organization or another one of the many other veteran charities out there, your support makes a difference. Click here to find alternative Veteran charities via our sister site at VeteransDirectory.com.
We Make it easily to donate a car in Long Island, New York
If you wanted a few more reasons why you should donate your used or non-working vehicle to Salute Veterans, consider the following benefits.
- Nationwide Fast and FREE pickup
- Donation is tax-deductible
- Dedicated team of experts available to answer all questions
- Vehicles do not need to be in running condition
- Car may be picked up from almost anywhere
- Not having to sell your old vehicle
- Trouble-free online form or by calling toll free
- Donations are handled quickly and securely
- Excellent customer service and support
- We accept all major vehicle types, including cars, trucks, motorcycles and boats