How to Donate Car?
Donating a Car is Absolutely that Easy: Cost-Free, No Paperwork, No Hassle.
Most of the time, within thirty days from the transfer of a car, we will send you a 1098-C form for the tax deductions you earned. If we sell your car for less than $500, your receipt is for the fair market value up to $500. If your vehicle sells for more than $500, your receipt will be for the actual sales price.
How will the value of my vehicle be determined for tax purposes?
As of January 1, 2005 the IRS has taken the guesswork out of determining the value of your vehicle for tax purposes. If your vehicle sells for less than $500 you can claim the fair market value of your vehicle up to $499. If your vehicle sells for more than $500 you can deduct the actual sale price of your vehicle. After the vehicle is sold you'll receive a receipt for the price the the vehicle is sold for. Also note a social security number is not required if your vehicle sells below $500.
How does the charitable tax deduction work?
It's not hard, but it's not automatic either. Your tax advisor can help you with the details in your state. For more detailed information about vehicle donation, including some state-by-state title information, see additional FAQ below or consult the following resources:
- IRS Publication 4303: A Donor's Guide to Car Donations
- IRS Publication 526: Charitable Contributions
- IRS Publication 561: Determining the Value of Donated Property
- IRS Form 8283: Non Cash Charitable Contributions (Instructions)
- IRS Form 8283: Non Cash Charitable Contributions
- IRS Publication 4302: A Charity's Guide to Car Donations
What can I claim as a deduction?
You can deduct the value of your vehicle only if you itemize deductions when filing your taxes. If you itemize your tax return you may deduct the sale value of your donated vehicle or the fair market value up to $500, whichever is greater. A receipt indicating the sale price and date will be sent to you within 30 days from the date of pick up. For more information, please visit the following link and refer to the documents listed below:
- IRS Form 8283 and 1098-C
- Publication 4303, A Donor's Guide to Car Donations
- Publication 1220, 526, and 561
Where will my vehicle go?
Most vehicles are sold at live auctions to licensed dealers, recyclers and exporters from around the world. This competitive marketplace of buyers generates the greatest return for the charity while ensuring that your vehicle is sold in an efficient, environmentally friendly and legally compliant manner.
What kinds of vehicles can I donate?
Anything at all. Cars, trucks, motorcycles. Vehicles with damage, broken components, missing parts. Snowmobiles, boats, and farm equipment, too. Every vehicle has value.
Where’s the value if I junk my car?
Every donated vehicle can bring money for its parts, components and recyclable metal. It may not seem valuable to you, but there's someone out there ready to buy it. And that money will go to support veterans!
Donate Car – Running or Not
Even if you have truck with the engine blown, a busted transmission or some other issue causing it never to run, you can still donate the car to charity and get a sizable tax deduction. Veterans Donations accepts vehicles in practically any condition, we can pick up your used car, running or not. It gets better: your used car donation can be picked up within 24 hours, and in some cases even the same day.
Looking to donate a car
We Make it easily to donate a vehicle with benefits, such as...
- Dedicated team of experts available to answer all questions. Call 1-888-324-2772
- Nationwide Fast and FREE pickup
- Donation is tax-deductible
- Vehicles do not need to be in running condition
- Helps veterans in need
- Car may be picked up from almost anywhere
- Not having to sell your old vehicle
- Trouble-free online form or by calling toll free
- Donations are handled quickly and securely
- Excellent customer service and support
- All major vehicle types accepted, including cars, trucks, motorcycles and boats
Donate Car TODAY!
Call Toll Free
Donate a Car Online.
Error: Contact form not found.